Monday, October 17, 2011

"Have you seen a child the color of wheat?"

My scene for the opera of "Amahl and the Night Visitors" is about the three travelers asking the mother of Amahl about a child the color of wheat, referencing their search for the baby Jesus.  When  I listened to this  scene I am reminded of night falling or day breaking....some change of color happening.  I also really liked the idea of doing a stained glass window effect even before I knew what part I was doing it for.  I want to make a stained glass window where the colors gradually change from either night fall or day break and once the change has occurred maybe the window opens and there is some type of pastoral scene taking place.  Maybe a silhouette of people migrating with animals to the Christ babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment