Thursday, September 1, 2011

Floral Photos....in macro!

Rose of Sharon 
I have a fascination with taking detailed photos of small subjects.  I get bored quickly with taking pictures of subjects from a standard view point.


I use a Canon t3i  with a standard 18-55mm lens to photograph my subjects.  I zoom in as far as I can and while getting as close as I can to the subject.  I currently don't have any macro lenses because they are quite costly, so I make my standard lens work in a macro way.
Hibiscus

Red Rose
My main drive behind photographing interesting subjects is for later use in my artwork.  Painting and working in pastels are my favorite medias, so I'm always looking out for my next idea.
Tea Rose

The last two photos I tweeked in iphoto and enhanced the color, contrast, and added a blurring affect to the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment